Label Printing TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £27 - 28 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 11 Dec 2020
Role: 36825 – Label Printing Technician
Location: Gaydon & across other client sites
Contract type: Ongoing contract
Salary: £27.00 - £28.00 per hour
- Responsible for conversion, creation and buy-off of Product labels from an engineering space to a laser printing format for components in the manufacturing space.
- This role includes the responsibility of All UK Manufacturing and prototype facilities and will cover both new label creation and the update of existing designs
- Use of CabLase Editor to create Laser printable versions of supplied engineering label part drawings
- Understanding and application of correct parameters to create high quality label printouts & label sheets
- Maintenance and upload of part labels files in the labels shared area
- Support in the label buy-off process.
- Ability to create and modify Cab Lase files from CATIA and other engineering file formats
- Support of printing and checking technical quality of printed labels for all required builds within the programme lifecycle
- Support of label modifications during running changes of programmes
- Ability to provide training and up-skilling of the wider central services team
- Support trackside/ maintenance activities on laser printer hardware and software as a Subject Matter Expert
- Support Preventative Maintenance activities on hardware and software as required
- Support IT with development of print scheduling software and automation
- Support and update of a Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis document for entrusted hardware and software.
- Excellent working knowledge of CabLase Editor, ability to create, modify and train others in the software.
- Capability in reading and understanding engineering drawings, in CATIA or similar
- Experience and Knowledge in Laser Printing scheduling in a manufacturing environment, and how to create files which interact with said scheduling.
- Experience of quality standards and parameters of laser printing, and how to apply them.
- Experience working with CabLase Editor and Cab Laser Printers.