Junior SolidWorks Development EngineerApply Now
Salary: £25k - 35k per year
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 29 Mar 2022
A well-established, professional engineering company are seeking a SolidWorks Development Engineer with a minimum of two years experience to join their team in Leamington Spa on a Permanent basis.
Our client established in 2005 provide innovative engineering solutions to a broad spectrum of customers and market sectors. Due to the growth of their company, they are looking to expand their engineering team and are seeking a Solidworks Development Engineer to be part of this team.
The Solidworks Development Engineer requires a dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who is self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team. .
Junior SolidWorks Development Engineer duties and responsibilities:
- CAD design of automotive systems and components from concept through to volume production.
- Working with internal departments and suppliers to provide engineering design and problem-solving activities to support internal and customer projects.
- Creation and management of supporting engineering documentation including FMEAs and DVPs.
- Engineering change control management
- Generation and presentation of project status reports
- Development of hand calculations and spreadsheets to support product development.
- Travel between customer sites and suppliers within the UK and Europe
The ideal Solidworks Development Engineer will have:
- Solidworks experience
- Minimum 2 years of automotive engineering experience.
- HND or engineering degree qualification.
- Strong engineering problem-solving skills.
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent MS Office skills including Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to work independently or as part of an integrated team.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Direct experience of suspension, powertrain or EV architecture development projects would be advantageous.
Please note that this vacancy is open to people of all ages subject to having the necessary skills and experience.
Apply today for immediate consideration for this role!