Junior SolidWorks Development EngineerApply Now
Salary: £25k - 30k per year
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 26 Apr 2021
Reference: 4818 - AW
Junior SolidWorks Development Engineer
A well-established, professional engineering company are seeking a Junior Development Engineer to join their team in Leamington Spa on a Permanent basis. Paying an excellent starting salary of £25,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience. (Plus, pension and 24-days annual leave – increasing with service plus Bank Holidays)
Our client established in 2005 provide innovative engineering solutions to a broad spectrum of customers and market sectors. Due to the growth of their company, they are looking to expand their engineering team and are actively seeking dedicated individuals to support a range of customer focussed development projects.
The successful SolidWorks Development Engineer will be hard-working, passionate and reliable and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an automotive development field.
This position requires a dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who is self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team. You must be passionate, enthusiastic, confident and personable with the ability to deliver to high standards under critical time restraints.
Junior SolidWorks Development Engineer duties and responsibilities:
- CAD design of automotive systems and components from concept through to volume production.
- Working with internal departments and suppliers to provide engineering design and problem-solving activities to support internal and customer projects.
- Creation and management of supporting engineering documentation including FMEAs and DVPs.
- Engineering change control management
- Generation and presentation of project status reports
- Development of hand calculations and spreadsheets to support product development.
- Travel between customer sites and suppliers within the UK and Europe
The ideal Development Engineer will have:
- Minimum 3 years of automotive engineering experience.
- HND or engineering degree qualification.
- Strong engineering problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiastic, confident, and personable.
- High level of attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to work with people at all levels.
- Excellent MS Office skills including Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to work independently or as part of an integrated team.
- Full UK driving license.
- CAD Experience, either SolidWorks or CATIA V5 would be advantageous.
- Direct experience of suspension, powertrain or EV architecture development projects would be advantageous.
Please note that this vacancy is open to people of all ages subject to having the necessary skills and experience.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Pay Rate: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience.