Junior CAD EngineerApply Now
Salary: £25k - 30k per year
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 24 Jun 2021
Reference: 4903 - DB
Junior CAD Engineer
A well-established, professional engineering company are seeking an entry-level CAD Engineer (CATIA) to join their team in Leamington Spa on a Permanent basis. Paying an excellent starting salary of £25,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience. (Plus, pension and 24-days annual leave – increasing with service plus Bank Holidays)
Our client, established in 2005, provide innovative engineering solutions to a broad spectrum of customers and market sectors. Due to the growth of their company, they are looking to expand their engineering team and are actively seeking a dedicated Junior CAD Engineer to support a range of customer focussed development projects.
The successful Junior CAD Engineer will come from a mechanical background and have at least 2 years’ experience working with CATIA.
This position requires a dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who is self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team. You must be enthusiastic, willing to learn & progress, confident, and personable with the ability to deliver to high standards under critical time restraints.
Junior CAD Engineer duties and responsibilities:
- Working in CATIA V5 to develop suspension systems and associated components from concept to volume production.
- Generating kinematic models to demonstrate vehicle dynamics.
- Develop novel solutions to engineering requirements for a range of projects and systems.
- Working with internal departments and suppliers to provide engineering design and problem-solving activities.
- Generating details drawings, hand calculations and associated data to support component manufacture and product development
- Engineering change control management and supporting documentation.
- Travel between customer sites and suppliers within the UK and Europe
The ideal Junior CAD Engineer will have:
- Minimum 2 years of automotive engineering experience.
- HND or engineering degree qualification.
- Previous experience working with or studying suspension is beneficial.
- Previous experience using Solidworks is beneficial.
- Excellent CATIA, CAD skills including kinematics module.
- Strong Engineering problem solving skills.
- High level of attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to work with people at all levels.
- Excellent MS Office skills including Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Full UK driving license.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience.
Please note that this vacancy is open to people of all ages subject to having the necessary skills and experience
If you want to be part of a genuinely friendly and professional team, with a passion to deliver excellent customer service then we would welcome the chance to discuss this opportunity with you.