Junior BuyerApply Now
Salary: £22k - 25k per year
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 13 May 2022
Reference: 5464 - RC
Junior Buyer required to join a luxury automotive brand based in Daventry on a Temp to Perm basis paying a salary in the region of £25,000 per annum.
Our client is an automotive luxury brand, with a global reputation for bespoke restorations. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none. This is a rare opportunity to join a pro-active procurement team offering the opportunity to place your name against some of the world’s most eye catching and valued road-worthy vehicles whilst partnering with globally renowned organisations to deliver a company vision which surpasses expectations.
The successful Junior Buyer will join a small team within the Procurement department and be responsible for managing purchase orders and requisitions, liaising with suppliers on quotes, resolution of goods-in and invoice queries, building relationships and ensuring the supplier is meeting the schedule of the build plan and the materials are ordered on time.
In return, the successful Junior Buyer will join an inclusive and supportive team with a great attitude and family culture within a modern facility. Working a Day Shift, Monday to Friday the Junior Buyer will benefit from a salary in the region of £25,000 per annum joining the team on an initial contracting basis with the opportunity of a Permanent contract following a successful contracting period.
The duties and responsibilities of the Junior Buyer:
- Develop current and source new suppliers for the supply of machined, fabricated and composite components on a daily basis
- Ensure Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) is accurate and up to date and resolve issues as required
- Negotiate purchases, quantities and delivery schedules of materials with suppliers
- PO generation
- Developing good relationships with suppliers to ensure demand for materials is made and deliveries made on time
- Help with the general process improvement for an efficient and reliable sourcing of materials
- Take responsibility for system resolutions including PO issue amendments and quote issue resolution
- Monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials and manage inventory accuracy
The ideal Junior Buyer:
- 2 – 3 years’ experience within a Junior Buyer position or similar Purchasing role
- Experience within a manufacturing industry would be highly desired preferably within automotive manufacturing.
- Knowledge and experience of using MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems or similar is essential
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing purchase orders, requisitions, and possess strong attention to detail along with a high level of computer literacy and competence
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn with a can-do attitude
Hours: Day Shift: Monday – Friday: 8.00am –17.00pm (45-minute lunch break)
Pay: in the region of £25,000 per annum.
Key Skills: Automotive Junior Buyer / Procurement / MRP / BoM / Supplier Development / Low-volume manufacturing / Niche Automotive
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.