Junior Agile Project ManagerApply Now
Salary: £30k - 35k per year
Location: Essex, Essex
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 13 Jul 2021
Role: Junior Agile Project Manager
Location: Offices in Essex & Coventry – flexible working available
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
We are currently working with an industry-leading software company with a variety of clients, predominantly in the automotive sector. They are offering an exciting opportunity for a Junior Project Manager or Scrum Master with a desire to expand their skills whilst supporting our current growth. Our headquarters are in Essex, UK with additional offices in Coventry, Poland, and the USA. This role can be based at any of our UK offices, including offering hybrid and flexible working options.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with experience in project management in any industry or experience as a scrum master in the software industry. In this role you will work with one or more teams who are responsible for a number of related products in a relaxed, friendly, and focussed environment.
Our teams provide several products and applications used by large clients based in the UK, USA, and Europe. This would give you the opportunity to interface with different customers, with contrasting organisational cultures and problems. These development teams form a larger programme, made up of small, focussed teams, all managing related products for large scale corporate clients. You will be able to show the acumen to drive business critical projects through to a successful conclusion via an iterative delivery process.
You will have the ability to work cross-functionally with all members of our Agile based teams that you are responsible for, identifying and mitigating potential risks and blockers whilst communicating through daily stand-ups and using our development and project management tool, Atlassian JIRA, or the client’s management tool as required.
- Take ownership of managing the business-as-usual software changes for one or more major clients, as well as new projects as your experience grows,
- Day to day liaison with clients, regularly travelling to UK based client sites,
- Work closely with our customers ensuring their concerns and priorities are met through determination and maintenance of relevant metrics,
- Provide initial validation of incoming development requests, distinguishing those requiring further information and facilitating this with customers,
- Creation and upkeep of project related documentation (such as project plans and reports as appropriate),
- Organise and attend regular project meetings/ceremonies to discuss project progress, risks, and issues - both internally and externally,
- Effectively manage, develop, and communicate with one or more Agile teams (depending on experience)
- Facilitate your team’s daily stand-ups, planning (unless Kanban), demos and retrospectives,
- Facilitate a Product Owner or equivalent in their backlog prioritisation and refinement meetings with the team,
- Facilitate the acceptance of users stories.
- Experience in project management in any industry or as a Scrum Master in the software industry,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Confidence to work with your own initiative,
- Positive energy and strong drive to succeed but also understands that not everything can be anticipated,
- Proven experience of having liaised with customers/stakeholders,
- Understanding of critical paths and how to communicate and apply these,
- Promising leadership, negotiation / consensus building skills.
- Understanding of IT infrastructure, development methodologies/terminology,
- Experience of a full SDLC,
- Understanding of Agile Principles and Product Lifecycle,
- Experience of Atlassian JIRA,
- Educated to Degree level,
- A full UK driving license,
- Resource planning,
- Experience and/or training in PRINCE2,
- Experience working within the automotive industry,
- An interest in technology and technical publications/authoring.