Joining EngineerApply Now
Salary: £21.00 - 23.33 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 23 Aug 2021
Contract type: 6 months
Pay rate: up to £23.33 per hour
This opportunity is for a Joining Engineer to provide support to ME BIW activities for the production lines of exciting new vehicles.
Joining Engineer duties:
- Coordinate Vendors and coupon test facility through TT resolving Process designer issues for Joining related integrity issues, protect the customer, advise PE of any issues and co-ordinate with CAE for any joint strength data, optimise process designer for all relevant joining technologies allocations.
- Ensure documentation required is available and Process Designer is updated with the latest parameters and feedback from technology testing / reviews.
- Vendor management to maintain standards
- Support JRM activities and ensure administration tasks have been completed.
- Raise and track issues & liaise with PE regarding deviations.
- Thorough understanding of SCA adhesive, rivet, Bosch RSW, Aro Servo weld guns, EJOT, EJOWELD, ARPLAS, Tucker SPR guns and welding technologies
- Teardown analysis for Riveting and Resistance welding
- Relevant experience with CATIA V5 & Process Designer including how to download Joining Matrix, SPR matrix report and interrogate product data.
- Excel Pivot table and interrogation techniques of data
- Understand how to optimise process and advise Product Engineering on changes
- Hands on equipment interrogation and parameter modification will also be required.
- Experience in working within PCDS program milestone delivery system.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Joining Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team