Java DeveloperApply Now
Salary: £30k - 40k per year
Location: Hatfield Peverel, Essex
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 03 Apr 2019
Reference: 4310 - Apex TL
Role: Java Developer
Contract type: Permanent
Apex Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Java Developer, to join a well-established software company based in Essex.
What you will be doing:
You will be working within a team of up to 10 (including other developers, designers, testers, and project managers). You will be given the opportunity to be involved with the entire software development cycle from business requirements gathering, solution design, development, testing, and infrastructure operations.
About the company:
Our client is headquartered in the UK with additional offices in the US and Poland. This is an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to play an active role in the development and implementation of bespoke solutions largely used by the automotive industry.
The job will offer you an opportunity to get involved with all parts of a full software development lifecycle to craft a product that you will be proud to develop and support. The division that you will join deals with products and applications used by several large clients based in the UK, the US, and Europe.
The role will give you the rare opportunity to architect and implement software projects in an environment where the software stack choices will be a product of the requirements rather than a limitation of the solution.
What we expect from you:
- Good understanding of the HTTP protocol.
- Experience with HTTP/REST web services.
- You should have a keen eye for detail and a real passion to follow good practices.
- An enthusiasm for technology in general and an appetite for solving complex programming problems.
- At least 3 years of commercial experience with Java programming.
- Good understanding of source version control (ideally with Git)
- Confidence to work with your own initiative and ability to find solutions independently when required.
- Effective operational proficiency with the English Language (Level C1 or better of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Experience with the following technology and practices:
- Java Application Frameworks such as Spring or Java EE.
- MVC concepts
- Agile development processes
- Practical experience with web-based user interface technology such as CSS Pre-processing (e.g. LESS or SCSS), Thymeleaf, or JSPs.
- Spring (including Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data and Spring Security)
- JPA/Hibernate - Elasticsearch - Struts 2
- Experience analysing customer requirements and suggesting creative solutions to business problems