Java DeveloperApply Now
Salary: £35k - 55k per year
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 01 Feb 2021
Position: Java Developer
Salary: £35,000 - £55,000 per annum
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
This is an excellent opportunity for a Software Developer to join an industry-leading Independent Software Vendor and play an active role in their expansion within the automotive sector; specifically involved with the design, development, and implementation of bespoke software solutions.
As an experienced Software Developer, you will be a highly technical, hands-on developer utilising Java based technologies. You will work closely with programme managers, Agile team facilitators, scrum masters and developers, as well as liaising with key external stakeholders.
We are looking for someone with proven commercial experience in Java software development, you will have experience of engaging with software development teams and delivery of projects within a software development environment. You will be joining teams with a variety of diverse skills and experience. The role requires a motivated, confident individual who is experienced in taking responsibility and once established, can autonomously make decisions for the benefit of the company.
- Visiting external stakeholders to understand their requirements, demonstrate new ideas and functionality,
- Write code to enhance an array of software applications,
- Supporting the delivery of multiple development projects from design through to release
- Assist Project Managers with defining delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones from a development perspective,
- Assist with the mitigation of risks and issues ensuring they are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards,
- Work closely with relevant teams both internally and externally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems,
- Backlog refinement; supporting iteration planning; resource allocation, critical issue analysis and resolution.
- Strong Java SE skills
- Good communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills that allow you to translate technical information effectively to non-technical audiences at a variety of organisational levels,
- A keen eye for detail and a passion to follow good practices.
- Assisting to solve complex design problems or software bugs using both logical and creative approaches,
- Strong understanding of unit testing as part of the software development cycle, following Test-Driven Development.
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches including Agile,
- The ability to build expert knowledge within the organisation,
- Be a creative and innovative thinker with the ability to bring ideas to fruition.
Experience with the following technology: