Interior Trim Technician / Interior TrimmerApply Now
Salary: £28k - 33k per year + BENEFITS
Location: Bridgnorth, Shropshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 16 May 2019
Reference: 4327 - KA
A highly regarded Classic Car retailer with an international reputation for car restoration are looking for a talented Interior Vehicle Trimmer to join their team of Trim Technicians in Bridgnorth, offering the right candidate a salary in the region of £30,000 per annum (negotiable upon experience).
This position is ideal for Classic car enthusiasts with an eye for detail, who take pride in their work and have exceptional talent in Vehicle Trim Development, Trim Modification and Retrimming. The role will be varied and challenging giving you the opportunity to work within a large well-equipped workshop across a huge variety of historic marques and models going back 25 years.
In return for your hard work you will receive the security of a permanent position within an established and successful company, a competitive salary, a fantastic pension scheme, bonus schemes, flexible working, 28 days holiday AND overtime paid at uplifted rates of pay.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interior trim construction
- Re-trimming of existing vehicle interiors
- Working with a wide range of natural and synthetic soft materials
- Sewing using machines and hand stitching to complete decorative and development stitching
- Pattern development and cutting
- Foam & frame build and modification
- Working to deadlines and fixed time scales
- Produce high standards of work
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- City and Guilds or NVQ in a relative automotive discipline is desirable
- Jaguar and Aston Martin experience desirable but not essential
- Classic or race preparation experience would be an advantage
- Flexible attitude towards working hours
- Must be able to work unsupervised, as well as part of a team and plan work to meet deadlines
- Candidates must hold a full UK driving licence and must have their own transport due to location
- Hold a strong awareness of stretch properties of a variety of materials
- Proven re-trim experience
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
40 hours per week, however, start time and finish times are flexible between the following hours:
Monday to Friday 7.30am - 5.30pm
A flexible attitude in working hours is essential as overtime may be required and paid at time and a half once 40 hours has been completed Monday-Friday.