Injection Moulding Tooling DesignApply Now
Salary: £27 - 28 per hour
Location: Castle Bromwich, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 20 Aug 2021
Role: Injection Moulding Tooling Design
Location: Castle Bromwich
Contract type: Ongoing contract
Salary: £27.00-£28.00 per hour
- Responsible for the development of Tooling Design
- Responsible for the design of the tooling associated with injection moulding of dunnage and other plastic components to be used across the manufacturing facilities.
- Issue the drawings for in house manufacture or external procurement. This is an ongoing requirement as components are added to the catalogue.
- Work with the equipment designers to optimise and standardise.
- Process Design - design the process to suit the individual component being manufactured. To include material selection and specification. Issue the process documentation.
- Flow Analysis - flow of the material into the mould and iteration of the tool and injection point designs to give a good result. Record the results. Machine selection initially the assignment will include selection and specification of a suitable machine.
- Project & Site Management - Responsible, as part of the wider team, for the complete management from the initial concept, cost analysis, initial and detailed design (hardware & software) and working with the site team to do site setup, operational on-site management (R&MS, supervision, snagging, commissioning and handover) and ongoing client liaison
- Knowledge in injection moulding tooling design, process design and flow analysis.
- Strong experience in the manufacturing of the injection moulded components for industrial use.
- Working knowledge of the machinery directive and subsequent standards to ensure equipment is safe to use.
- Relevant previous experience of injection moulding machinery.
- Ability to make short presentations to work groups and senior management Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred in a mechanical discipline
- Thorough Understanding and Application of Lean Tools and Techniques
- Ideally 5-years demonstrable experience of injection moulding tooling design, process design and flow analysis. This is to include the design, installation, and commissioning of such systems.
- Ideally 5-years’ experience in the hands-on management of projects in this field.
- Procurement experience
- Other toolroom processes such as milling, turning etc.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems