Injection Mould ToolmakerApply Now
Salary: £26.44 - 30.85 per hour
Location: Castle Bromwich, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 26 Jul 2021
Reference: 5009 - SG
Injection Mould Toolmaker required to join a fast-growing manufacturing department based in Castle Bromwich paying a rate of £26.44 - £30.85 per hour on an ongoing contract basis.
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world's most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit a highly skilled and experienced Injection Mould Toolmaker to join their team. The role is offered on an ongoing contract basis with long term opportunities available for the right candidate.
The role will be varied, and the successful Injection Mould Toolmaker will undertake the manufacturing of precision parts and tools for injection moulding processes working to close tolerances. The role will include, Surface Grinding, Milling, Turning and assembly as well as understanding and developing technical drawings to manufacture injection mould tooling and components. You’ll also be required to undertaking machining operations as required.
The successful Injection Mould Toolmaker will be involved in training the wider Toolroom in specialised tooling as well as liaising across various departments to develop technical drawings and manufacture tooling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing and developing Injection Mould tools
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings
- Manufacturing precision parts and tools to close tolerances
- Surface Grinding, milling, turning and assembly
- Elements of maintenance on machines
- Project building and modification
- Using sensors for monitoring
- Knowledge of tool materials
- Awareness of moulding
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Injection Mould tooling experience is essential.
- Time served experience in a Toolmaker position is essential.
- A City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in a relative automotive discipline
- A time-served 3-year Apprenticeship within a relevant discipline
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Good communication, organisational and leadership skills
- The ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Flexible attitude towards working hours
A flexible attitude in working hours is essential as overtime will be required:
PAY: this role is deemed as Inside of IR35.
£26.44 - £30.85 per hour (Umbrella PAYE)