Infotainment Software ManagerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 14 Jul 2022
Infotainment Software Manager
Shift: Days – 40 hours per week
The Infotainment Software Manager will be responsible to build a new team within this company to deliver infotainment software in-house. This new position is being created to enable innovation & enhanced customer value in this critical user experience attribute.
The duties and responsibilities of the Infotainment Software Manager:
- Work with the Infotainment Attribute team & current suppliers to define roles & responsibilities in detail to enable this new way of working. Support contract negotiations to ensure that the company’s interests will be protected long term as well as short term.
- Define the resource requirements & skillsets needed (internal & external) to achieve the initial handover & deliver the first full internal programme. Recruit a high performing team & lead technical aspects of the outsource engineering supplier selection.
- Full responsibility for infotainment software delivery using agile methodologies to achieve programme feature, cost & timing requirements. Includes defining & managing deliverables completion for a significant external engineering services engagement.
- Point of escalation for technical issue resolution in infotainment software.
- Ensure that industry best practice for software development is applied within the internal & external team, to ensure robust code is delivered in an efficient manner.
- Lead the 5+ year technical roadmap for infotainment software & support the infotainment attribute / hardware technical roadmap.
The ideal experience for the Infotainment Software Manager:
- Deep knowledge of infotainment software development, requirements and verification.
- Experience with a hypervisor-based software architecture including Android & Autosar environments is essential.
- Automotive software experience, with excellent understanding of vehicle product development processes.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent in Controls, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mechanical or Automotive.
- Extensive experience of techniques required to achieve compliance to industry standards for functional safety, diagnostics, cyber security & software development.
- Experience with Agile software delivery methodologies
- Experience of having managed a significant outsource contract, ensuring deliverables are achieved on time & negotiating change requests as necessary to ensure the project scope is delivered on budget.
The ideal Infotainment Software Manager candidate:
- Proven ability to lead and develop a high performing team.
- Technical, with excellent attention to detail for quality, reliability and safety
- Collaborative, working effectively across teams & departments to deliver on time & to quality.
- Long term view on enhancing customer value & business efficiencies in infotainment software development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible attitude to working hours/ business trips
- Clean Driving Licence to enable prototype vehicle testing
To show your interest in the Infotainment Software Manager role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.