Horizontal Jig BorerApply Now
Salary: £24.95 - 24.95 per hour
Location: Castle Bromwich, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 23 Aug 2021
Horizontal Jig Borer
Location: Castle Bromwich
Pay rate: £24.95 per hour
Shifts: Double Days (37 hours)
Shift 1: Monday-Thursday: 6am-2pm, Friday: 6am-11am
Shift: Monday-Thursday: 2pm-10pm, Friday: 10:45am-3:45pm
Working for one of the UKs most recognisable brands, and a global OEM, this role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing team as a contractor. This role is for a Horizontal Jig Borer to join a new department, working on a double-day shift.
Key responsibilities of the Horizonal Jig Borer will also include:
- Set up and operate numerically controlled horizontal jig-boring machine to perform machining operations, such as boring, drilling and counter-sinking holes in metal work-pieces according to drawings, specifications and setup instructions,
- Able to work from specifications, and work procedures and methods.
- Installs work-holding devices, such as blocks and clamps on indexing table of machine, using hand tools
- Sets conventional cams, stops, and dial-type switches on machine head as indicated on setup instructions if machine spindle is not under numerical control.
- Inspects and measures dimensions of machined workpiece to verify conformance to specifications,
- Using precision measuring instruments, such as precision gauges, dial indicators, verniers, micrometres, and callipers.
- Working with Milling machines as and when required.
The Ideal Horizontal Jig Borer will need:
- Ability to work to very tight tolerances with the minimum of supervision.
- Experience with Horizontal Jig Boring machines,
- Able to make own tooling: tips cutters extensions etc. when needed.
- Can produce complex tooling and fixturing when require.
- Experience of milling would be beneficial,
- Quality controls checks.