HiL EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 12 May 2022
HiL (Hardware-In-Loop) Engineer - Integration & Simulation
Contract length: Ongoing
We are seeking an experience HiL Engineer to support our client in Gaydon on a long-term contract. The successful Mechanical Hardware in the loop Engineer will be a part of their Engineering Laboratories, which forms the backbone of their internal vehicle test and development capability, and is responsible for a wide and diverse range of activities including Structural Test, Body Rig Test, Road Load Data, Analytical Facilities, NVH, Climatic Test, Electrical Test and Safety Test.
The Technology Development Department are responsible for the design and delivery of facility components, test rigs and the infrastructure required in support of the core EL areas delivering physical test plans. The area is also responsible for the development and delivery of key new facilities, technology, infrastructure and strategy for EL, leading projects from concept through to delivery.
The HiL Engineer will see the associate responsible for the development and implementation of mechatronic hardware-in-the-loop (mHiL) test solutions across all the Engineering Labs test areas.
Key interactions will include: System and simulation engineers, Fellow rig integration and test engineers, Test Facility management, Electrical technicians and fitting staff.
HiL Engineer Skills Required:
- Competent user of automotive simulation packages: IPG Carmaker, dSPACE ASM, Simpack, and MathWorks Simulink that will allow testing of automotive systems (active chassis systems, HVAC, battery management systems).
- Experienced in using dSPACE HiL software packages: ControlDesk, ConfigurationDesk, AutomationDesk, ModelDesk
- At least 3 years proven hands-on experience in commissioning hardware-In-the-loop (HiL) solutions with working knowledge and expertise in: dSPACE SCALEXIO and MicroAutobox hardware, restbus simulation and simulation model (IPG or ASM) integration.
- Experienced in an Electrical, Electronics or Controls Engineering field.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies relating to the testing of automotive systems (chassis, powertrain, body) and road vehicles.
- Experienced with Vector Tools CANalyzer & CANoe (CANape also of benefit).
- Knowledge of communication protocols Flexray, CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet, EtherCAT, SCRAMNet.
- Scripting languages Python, MAT-Script, Visual Basic (CAPL Essential).
- Applied understanding of vehicle electrical systems and wiring
HiL Engineer Experience Preferred:
- Prior experience working in automotive simulation or software development role.
- Prior experience working with test rigs and driving simulators (AVL, MTS, ABD, etc).
- Educated to degree level in a related discipline
We’re looking to speak with suitable mHiL Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team