HSEQ Manufacturing ManagerApply Now
Salary: £46k - 52k per year + Bonus and Benefits
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 09 Sep 2021
HSEQ Manufacturing Manager with a focus on Site Facilities and Safety required on a full time, permanent basis in Leamington Spa, benefitting from a salary of £46,000 - £52,000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits (depending on previous experience).
Our client, a large, well-established manufacturing company that specialises in the production and delivery of cooking appliances, interior furnishings and accessories, based in Leamington Spa.
They are currently seeking an HSEQ Manufacturing Manager to join their existing team on a permanent basis in Leamington Spa, offering a salary of £46,000 - £52,000 per annum plus 5% targeted bonus, 2x life assurance policy, 25 days holiday + bank holidays and up to 4% employer pension contribution.
As the HSEQ Manufacturing Manager, you will be accountable for the day-to-day maintenance, environmental, health and safety of the Leamington Spa based manufacturing facilities.
They are looking to recruit an experienced and versatile HSEQ Manufacturing Manager to focus on the site facility, safety, lean improvements and change management. Working to achieve strategic plans the HSEQ Manufacturing Manager will review construction methodology, cost reductions, parts rationalisations and efficiency improvements using Lean Management techniques as well as use a strong team working ability to ensure continuous improvements, lean culture and change are delivered in an effective and timely manner.
HSEQ MANUFACTURING MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management and development of maintenance systems and procedures
- Embed TPM and PPM using PEMAC maintenance software
- Apply 8D principles to problem solving
- Develop and administer PPM system
- Implement improvement projects with a focus on machine reliability, availability and utilisation
- Manage maintenance budget and contribute to cost saving initiatives
- Co-ordinate all facilities/building projects and manage site service contracts
- Contribute and assist with site-wide Capex projects
- Identify ‘key items of plant’ that create ‘production stoppage’ risk and ensure adequate OEM service contracts and ‘on site spares’ are available to minimise unplanned downtime
- Develop a ‘service culture’ within the team
Environmental, Health & Safety
- Ensure health and safety, quality and environmental ISO standards continue to be met
- Write risk assessments for Maintenance Team
- COSHH assessments for Maintenance Team
- Safe systems of work assessments for Maintenance Team,
- Operate a robust permit to work system for Maintenance Team
- Liaise with regulatory and local authorities and key Stakeholder at Health & Safety Meetings
- Strategic planning for H&S initiatives and training
- Management of occupational exposure
- Manage site contractor controls
- Manage site asbestos programme
- Legionella Management
- Work toward a ‘zero incident’ culture
- In conjunction with the Group EHS Manager, implement internal audit
- Produce, monitor and report on production KPIs.
- Organise and cross train operators to maximise output of available resources.
- Manage the personal development and performance of all employees within the area of responsibility.
- Identify operational improvement activities to improve factory efficiencies
- Support the Lean Manufacturing Manager in delivering best practice and implementing lean manufacturing strategies throughout the manufacturing facility
- Initiate and lead change using a hands on approach
- Remove any barriers to change
- Implement the lean tools and discipline to ensure that changes are robust and sustained.
WORKING HOURS: 39 hours a week however a flexible attitude toward working hours is essential.
Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 16:00pm
Friday 7.00:am - 12:00am
Please Apply today to be considered and discuss this opportunity further.