HGV TechnicianApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Evercreech, Somerset
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 06 Aug 2018
Reference: 4091 - Apex TL
Our client is a leading manufacturer of refuse collection vehicles as well as portable and static compactors who have been a successful and well-established business for over 140 years. Our clients main focus is on the development, production, sale and service of innovative refuse collection vehicles as well as portable and static compactors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for solving a wide range of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic issues, you'll get to grips with new challenges and make the most of some fantastic training.
Our client is looking for a HGV Technician to carry out general maintenance repair work on their fleet of vehicles and compactors, providing technical support from fault analysis through to completion.
You need to be able to produce technical work to the highest standards and in line with strict Health & Safety requirements for equipment, machines and tools. This role calls for a meticulous approach coupled with an in-depth knowledge of heavy good vehicles and ideally refuse collection vehicles. You must also have the organisational skills to maintain clear documentation, records and to meet deadlines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Responsible for carrying out general maintenance repair work on the company's fleet of vehicles and compactors
- Ensure all vehicles are in safe working order
- Carry out all repairs to the highest standards
- Carry out in-depth diagnostics work and fault finding
- Maintain and keep secure all tools, equipment, PPE and technical documentation assigned
- Be able to operate individually or within a close team
- Carry out all repairs in accordance with current Health and Safety legislation and company policy
- Operate all relevant equipment, machines and tools safely
- Complete associated documentation
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED;
- Previous experience with refuse waste vehicles ideally, or alternatively heavy goods vehicles
- An HGV Class 2 is preferred by not essential
- Qualified to NVQ/City and Guilds Level 3
- Strong working knowledge of heavy goods vehicles
- Experience of hydraulics ideally
- The ability to multi task and achieve key deadlines
- Rigorous fault-finding skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
40 hours per week, however start time and finish times are flexible between the following hours:
Monday to Friday 8am-4pm
A flexible attitude in working hours is essential as overtime will be required and paid at time and a half once 40 hours has been completed Monday-Friday and Saturday, double time on a Sunday.