Graduate Agricultural Service TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £13.50 - 13.50 per hour + TRAVEL PAY
Location: Basildon, Essex
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 10 Jan 2019
Reference: 3811 - KA
Agricultural Field Service Technician required to join a Global Leader of Agricultural design, production and retail based in Basildon with international travel required to the Middle East and Africa paying £13.50 per hour inclusive of travel times.
Our client has a strong presence within all major markets world-wide and is a global leader in the design, production and retail of a range of machinery across agricultural and construction equipment, trucks, buses, commercial and specialty vehicles as well as powertrain applications.
They are focused on expanding further into high-growth markets and as a result require a number of Field Service Technician to join their Agriculture Team based in Basildon with the requirement to travel in order to support international markets across the Middle East and Africa. The role is offered on a Permanent basis paying an hourly rate of £13.50 per hour (with travel hours paid at the same hourly rate)
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing practical technical field support to Agricultural vehicles including Tractors, Harvesters, Hay Tools, Crop Equipment, Seeding and Tillage.
This position would be ideal for those with a strong interest or experience within an Agricultural Technician role or an Agricultural Graduate who is looking to travel whilst earning a steady income.
The duties and responsibilities of the Field Service Technician:
- Provide on-site and off-site support to Importers on Agricultural equipment
- Coach Importers/Dealers with repair techniques and technical knowledge
- Perform in-depth investigation into technical issues in the field (as directed by the Product Specialists) and document symptoms / actions / findings for escalation to Product Support Specialists
- Provide technical support through the in-house technical tool by answering requests from the Network.
- Support the importer in specific PDI and Customer training activities
The ideal candidate:
- HND or similar in a relevant field such as HGV, Agricultural, Plant Equipment is essential, a Degree in Agricultural Engineering is desirable.
- Practical and operational knowledge of agricultural machinery with a strong focus on IT/Electronics.
- Strong and consistent problem-solving approach
- Proven hands-on practical skills with ability to work confidently in field environment.
- Skills and knowledge in electronics, software and programming applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to investigate, diagnose and resolve issues in a structured and efficient manner.
- Fluent English language. (additional languages such as French or Portuguese would be a key advantage)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, with excellent written & verbal skills
- Competent IT Skills including, MS Office and other PC based communication tools
- Very High Level of working flexibility required:
- Willingness to travel extensively and for extended periods
- Willingness to travel at short notice and to work unsociable hours as required (seasonal effect, weekend and evening standby)
- Willingness to travel to ‘long-haul’ destinations
For more information and to speak with a member of our team please apply now with your CV!