Functional Safety Engineer - Move to AmericaApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 06 Jun 2018
The role in a nutshell:
- We have an exciting opportunity within our Systems Engineering Department for a Functional Safety Engineer who will act as the technical counterpart to the Program Manager will lead the front design activities relating to functional safety system design.
- Additionally, you will assist in assigned projects and designs, production techniques, quality improvements and taking the client brand forward.
- Reporting to the Director of Systems Engineering, your responsibilities will include the coordination, organization, and communication aspects of assigned projects.
What you will be doing:
- Collaboration with engineers to determine project requirements in order to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with your team to ensure that the overall product definitions, requirements, goals, and schedules are aligned.
- Provide input to your team and immediate supervisor in accordance with company procedures to correct problems or deficiencies, recommendations and implementation of changes where indicated and approved.
- Lead the upfront design activities relating to functional safety system design
- The single point of contact for all technical topics relating to functional safety
- Manage vehicle-specific functional safety requirements and verify overall system conformance
- Responsible for delivering all documents relating to ISO 26262 and managing certification activities
- Travel domestically and internationally to support business needs as required
What we expect from you:
As well as being a passionate, hardworking team player, the successful candidate will possess:
- BS/MS in electrical engineering, software engineering, system engineering, or similar technical discipline
- 5-15 years of experience working in product-based engineering organizations (Automotive OEM or Tier 1 is a plus)
- 5+ years' experience is safety critical system design
- Ideally hold a level 1, 2 or 3 functional safety certificates
- Must have performed safety reviews on different systems
- Ideally has a deep understanding of automotive product development gates, timing and processes
- Must have the ability to build relationships and work within the engineering community to influence change
- Mastery of modern systems engineering methods, processes and tools
- Exposure to subjective vehicle evaluation processes
What you can expect from us :
- We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more!