Forklift Driver/Warehouse OperativeApply Now
Salary: £9.64 - 11.57 per hour
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Temporary
Date Listed: 15 Jul 2021
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Forklift Driver/Warehouse Operative to join an international engineering brand based in Leamington Spa on a temporary ongoing basis.
Paying a salary of £9.64 - £11.57 per hour (increasing after 12-weeks completed)
This company can be found on and around everything that moves. Manufacturing highly engineered components and systems for a wide variety of global markets. Their technological expertise creates a more sustainable future for us all.
This is an exciting and fast-moving role that will require you to be highly organised, comfortable multitasking and able to prioritise workloads.
As a Forklift Driver/Warehouse Operative, you will be responsible for unloading and loading of vehicles, picking, and packing of parts and ensuring health and safety measures are adhered to at all times.
This is a varied and challenging position for the successful candidate, which will draw from a broad range of skills including problem solving, multitasking, teamwork, and attention to detail.
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Operative Job Responsibilities:
- Safe operation of Counterbalance/VNA Forklift Truck
- Unloading and loading delivery vehicles
- Checking and inspection of deliveries, reporting any damaged items
- Receipt of items into relevant systems
- Allocate and control storage of goods, including safe operation of VNA
- Administration and updating of inventory on the in-house computer system
- Liaising efficiently with various departments to schedule the movement of goods
- Use of handheld scanners
- Creation of Delivery Notes and Invoices as required using the in-house system
- Accurate locating, picking, and loading product in the most efficient and effective manner
- Operating first class housekeeping standards
- Maintaining product security
- Assisting with goods in and stock takes
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Active, external Counterbalance or Reach Forklift licence - refreshed within 3 years
- VNA licence would be beneficial, however training can be provided
- Previous experience within a similar role and environment is essential
- Good computer skills and capable of picking up Inhouse Databases
- Candidates will need to be accurate and able to work to deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt to different processes
- Candidates will have a sound understanding of health and safety policies, including manual handling techniques
- The ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail
- A flexible attitude towards working hours is essential
Rotating weekly shifts
Shift 1 - 06.00am – 14.00pm Monday -Thursday and 06.00am -12.10pm on Friday
Shift 2 - 14.00pm – 22.00pm Monday - Thursday 12.10pm - 18.20pm on Friday
The position start off on a Days shift for 2 weeks (for training purposes) and then will move on to the rotating shifts.
6-2 shift - £9.64 per hour, after 12 weeks increases to £10.64 per hour.
2-10 shift – £11.57 per hour, after 12 weeks increases to £12.77 per hour.