Facilities ManagerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 14 Oct 2021
Shift: Days – 37.5 hours.
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Our client is a leading component and parts specialist delivering a vast and extensive product portfolio to their growing client and customer base. They are an independent and privately owned manufacturer of original equipment specialising in powertrain component and system design, development, manufacture and supply.
Facilities Manager Role:
Responsible for the management of facilities across 3 sites including health and safety, environment, security, maintenance, and other services. Lead the site Maintenance function in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service across all operational equipment and facilities.
- Ensure compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements
- Manage equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Implement and review risk assessments COSHH assessments, MSDS
- Responsible for ensuring that the facilities, layout, and machinery run to their maximum efficiency and output. This includes preventative maintenance and managing breakdowns
- Manage IT support using specialist contractor
- Manage and maintain the company ERP system with supplier support
- Manage Customer portal administration and ensure key documents are correctly distributed throughout the organisation
- Manage and maintain company vehicles
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Maintenance activities
- Ensure Legislative requirements are met, including HVAC, LOLER, Fire, LEV, Legionella etc.
- Maintain all relevant records and documentation in accordance with requirements
- Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of sites, vehicles, and equipment
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
- Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility and the business as a whole
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Create a suitable environment for the purpose and needs of the business
- Use best business practices to manage and reduce operation costs
- Compare costs for various services and goods before choosing the best options for the facility
- Ensure the surrounding grounds are properly cared for.
Facilities Manager Person Specification
- Proven experience as Facilities Manager or relevant/similar position
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.