Facilities Development & Construction Engineer - 36678Apply Now
Salary: £32 - 33 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 29 Oct 2020
Order No: 36678
Position: Facilities Development and Construction Engineer
Rate: £32.00 - £33.00 per hour
Hours: 40 Hours per Week
- The role is the Principal Engineer responsible for mechanical systems design, equipment selection and specification, installation management & supervision and commissioning, covering all aspects of automotive production equipment.
- Demonstrable experience in mechanical machine design in an automotive environment. This is to include the design, installation, and commissioning of such systems.
- Strong experience in the manufacturing of the mechanical elements such that they can be designed for manufacture and assembly. Working knowledge of the machinery directive and subsequent standards to ensure equipment is safe to use
- Demonstrable experience in mechanical machine design in an automotive environment. This is to include the design, installation, and commissioning of such systems. experience in the hands-on management and supervision of complex high value installation work associated with the above. experience in the commissioning of mechanical systems.
- Flexibility to be able to operate across all locations, which on some occasions may result in significant time (several weeks) overseas or away from home
- An individual who is not fazed by an ever-changing environment with daily challenges and unpredictable daily hours, prepared to work weekends and the hours necessary to support operations.
- An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment
- An individual with the ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning
- An individual who is resilient, energetic, and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
- An individual who can challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas
- An effective team player, actively leads, develops and supports team members High levels of personal resilience, integrity and honesty as well as large amounts of humility for the team.
- An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along
- Electrical controls experience. Experience of acting as the Principal Contractor and a full understanding of the responsibilities under this role