Fabrication SupervisorApply Now
Salary: £25 - 26 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 14 Oct 2020
Position: Fabrication Supervisor
Hours: 40 Hours per Week
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
- Responsible to the Fabrication Manager.
- Functionally responsible with all members of the fabrication team concerning day to day fabrication matters. Start each shift on time and ensure all team members are present and assigned work in order of priority to meet on time delivery.
- Communicate with other lead hands regarding issues from shift to shift.
- Ensure paperwork is complete at each stage of fabrication.
- Periodically check the various processes in Fabrication to ensure they are running as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure any material found out of spec is properly identified with a red tag and kept aside for QA.
- Monitor the fabrication attainments to determine whether or not targets are met.
- Work with the team members and the Fabrication Manager to work on improving missed targets.
- Ensure compliance to all quality related policies, procedures, and system requirements.
- Perform annual employee reviews.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years production experience in an industrial environment.
- Must have good team building and motivational skills.
- Should have a good command of English, written and oral
- An understanding of measurements, tolerances, basic geometry
- Able to read drawings
- Experience setting up of Fabrication machinery preferred CNC experience as asset
- Ability to work well with numbers is essential.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer Literate