Fabrication Project EngineerApply Now
Salary: £25 - 26 per hour
Location: Castle Bromwich, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 04 Jan 2022
Role: Fabrication Project Engineer
Location: Castle Bromwich
Contract type: Ongoing contract
Rate: £25.00 - £26.00 per hour.
Hours: 40-hours per week
The Fabrication Project Engineer will be responsible for the manufacture of fabrications within the technology centre. You will be assigned fabrication jobs from the portal and will take the job from a 2D drawing and process all required documentation to make it ready for production. This will involve assessing the designs for manufacturing feasibility and proposing changes, reviewing drawings and BOMs. You will work with purchasing to obtain all the required materials, and with the operations manager to schedule each part of the pallet manufacturing process, including ensuring all build documentation is supplied to the production team. This role will involve managing multiple jobs at a time, ensuring build schedules can be met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring all jobs are prepared for manufacturing in good time,
- Responsible for upfront costing of all pallet manufacturing processes.
- Break down a job into inhouse manufactured parts and bought out items.
- Design buy off of engineering for pallet manufacture.
- Assess parts for manufacturing feasibility and propose changes to difficult-to-manufacture parts.
- Ensure all bought out items are on site and ready for use when required.
- Identify the requirement for jigs and fixtures and produce suitable designs where necessary.
- Use of word, excel, outlook, power point and MS Project.
- Use of CATIA for design modifications.
- Perform and create quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards and functionality.
- Prioritize workflow through effective communication with management staff.
- Managing the workflow through the manufacturing process
- Maintain quality standards
- Accountable for the hours and cost per job,
- Supporting production build with technical issues
- Creating manufacturing packs
- Cost reduction activities
- Responsible for managing change management
- Should have a working knowledge of fabrication and preferably working with in the fabrication industry
- Experience working with engineering drawings in a fabrication environment.
- IT skills: excel, word, power point and MS Project.
- CAD experience, using CATIA V5,
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- HNC or higher-level qualification in an Engineering relevant field
- Ideally, time served with an indentured apprenticeship in the relevant discipline
- Must be able to demonstrate problem solving capabilities.
- Will have a working knowledge of Fabrication and Welding.