Fabrication Project EngineerApply Now
Salary: £24 - 25 per hour
Location: Castle Bromwich, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 28 Apr 2021
Role: Fabrication Project Engineer
Location: Castle Bromwich
Contract type: Ongoing contract
- The Project Engineer will be responsible for the manufacture of fabrications within the ME technology centre.
- They will be assigned fabrication jobs from the METC portal and will take the job from a 2D drawing and process all required documentation to make it ready for production.
- This will involve assessing the designs for manufacturing feasibility and proposing changes, reviewing drawings and BOMs.
- They will work with purchasing to obtain all the required materials, and with the operations manager to schedule each part of the pallet manufacturing process, including ensuring all build documentation is supplied to the production team.
- This role will involve managing multiple jobs at a time, ensuring build schedules can be met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring all jobs are prepared for manufacturing in good time.
- Break down a job into inhouse manufactured parts and bought out items.
- Assess parts for manufacturing feasibility and propose changes to difficult-to-manufacture parts.
- Validate drawings and create cutting and plastics manufacturing job lists.
- Ensure all bought out items are on site and ready for use when required.
- Work with the PU and plastics dunnage team to ensure all tooling and materials are available for moulding.
- Identify the requirement for jigs and fixtures and produce suitable designs where necessary.
- In-depth knowledge of 5s (training provided)
- In-depth knowledge of the Health and safety requirements of fabrication shop and spray-painting operations (some training provided)
- Use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Use of CATIA for simple design modifications.
- Perform and create quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards and functionality.
- Prioritize workflow through effective communication with management staff.
- Experience working with engineering drawings in a fabrication environment.
- IT skills: excel, word, power point and MS Project.
- CAD experience. CATIA preferred but not essential.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- HNC or higher-level qualification in a relevant field