FLT/Stores OperativeApply Now
Salary: £12 per hour
Location: Snitterfield, Warwickshire
Job Type: Temporary
Date Listed: 02 Jul 2021
Apex Recruitment are recruiting for the position of FLT/Stores Operative, for a leading operator of construction related services. A hugely successful business that has been running for over 20 years.
FLT/Stores Job Role Duties:
- Load and unload vehicles – FLT or manual handling.
- Receive deliveries and control relevant documentation.
- Put materials away into storage facilities.
- Using generated load list, pick materials and prepare for loading.
- Load vehicles delivering to site.
- Label materials for dispatch.
- Document control back to the purchasing office.
- Check stock levels / stock take.
- Keep stores neat and tidy.
- Monitor 40yrd skip capacity.
- Keep yard neat and tidy.
- Occasional grass cutting and basic gardening. Minimal skills required.
- Separate site returns into restock items, waste to skip and scrap metal.
- Monitor scrap metal levels and deliver to local scrap metal company.
- Carry out deliveries between office / manufacturing sites and storage facility.
- Collection and deliveries - local suppliers, customers, and project sites.
- Scrap metal runs to local scrap yard.
- Daily internal mail run between sites.
- Monthly basic office maintenance. No skills required.
FLT/Stores Key Skills and Experience:
- Good knowledge of materials used in shopfitting, restaurant and office fit outs.
- A Quick learner
- Full driving licence (van / car)
- Counterbalance forklift licence (FLT Licence)
- Good documentation control.
- Good awareness of vehicle faults and daily vehicle maintenance requirements (tyres, water, oil, etc)
- Customer focus.
- Work in adverse conditions.
- Work as an individual or with staff in other departments to ensure the customer order is delivered
- on time.
- Take instructions from various department managers within the business.
- Time flexibility with reason. Early or late loading.
- Own transport. Allow for flexible working.
- The person would be required to work at both sites and the offsite storage facility.
- All sites are located with 20 minutes of each other.
- This position requires a person with good physical ability as they will be required to manually load and unload vehicles and move materials up and down stairs to first floor mezzanine levels.
- Assist manufacturing load vehicles with finished joinery products.
- Ability to load waste into a 40yrd skip, either by manual handling or by use of the forklift.
- The person must be comfortable working outside
Apply today for consideration for this role!