Engineering ManagerApply Now
Salary: £50k - 60k per year
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 15 Jun 2021
Engineering Manager required on a full time, permanent basis in Leamington Spa, benefitting from a salary of £50,000 – £60,000 per annum depending on previous experience.
Our client, a large, well-established manufacturing company that specialises in the production and delivery of cooking appliances, interior furnishings and accessories, based in Leamington Spa.
They are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join their existing team on a permanent basis in Leamington Spa, offering a salary of £50,000 – £60,000 per annum depending on previous experience.
As the Engineering Manager, you will be required to effectively lead an engineering team, setting SMART objectives and conducting effective performance appraisals.
The key to the ongoing success of the business, is the strong relationships between Production, Product Design & Development and the Engineering Team that ensures that new products are introduced effectively. Therefore, excellent communication skills are crucial within this role.
Alongside working with the design and development teams, the Engineering team focus on continuous improvement of all manufacturing processes, cost reduction, automation and quality and efficiency improvement within budgetary constraints.
ENGINEERING MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to improve operational output and efficiency via the identification (and completion) of engineering continuous improvement projects.
- Ensure that engineering lead LEAN implementation and continuously monitor and review improvement action plans.
- Capable of completing cost benefit analysis and generating capital expenditure requests to support site strategic objectives.
- Monitoring plant and process equipment through production start-up and sign off activities.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators, financial spends and engineering activities are communicated effectively.
- Experience of having introduced automation/robotics within a modern manufacturing environment.
We are interested to see the CVs of people who have experience with the following skills and attributes:
- Degree qualified within a relevant discipline.
- Proven experience within a similar role
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Has the ability to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be a strong team player.
- Must be a self-motivated individual.
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment.
WORKING HOURS: 39 hours a week however a flexible attitude toward working hours is essential.
Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 16:00pm
Friday 7.00:am - 12:00am