Engineering Manager - Body Panels and ClosuresApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 12 Nov 2021
Engineering Manager - Body Panels and Closures
Location: Woking, Surrey
Contract type: Permanent
We have an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Manager to work with our world class client in the automotive industry who manufacture high-performance vehicles.
The successful candidate will lead the team responsible for the design and engineering of Body Panels and Closures systems across all automotive vehicle lines.
Engineering Manager Duties:
- Lead your team to deliver all Body Panels and Closures systems in line with targets, KPI’s and milestones
- Design and Engineering integrity to exceed quality, performance and commercial goals.
- Investment Budget - including internal and outsourced labour, tooling costs and supplier or internal D&D investment.
- Define future component and system technical strategies and associated technologies roadmaps.
- identify research topics, associated budgets, resource, partners and funding streams.
- Lead and develop your team to meet and exceed the goals set by the business.
- Drive delivery of project via strategic outsourced resource partners
- Define or Influence the selection of the appropriate design and development partners
- Develop the relationship, framework and capability of your external partners including a clear performance management process.
- Promote, implement and support a Simultaneous approach to Body Styling, Design and Engineering.
- Monitor current supplier performance and develop future supply strategies.
Engineering Manager Skills and Experience Required:
- Engineering Degree 2:1 or above
- A high level of technical knowledge & experience of lightweight Body Panels and Closures component & system design, test & production
- Expertise in management of gap and flush attribute to deliver high perceived quality for the body
- Expertise in robust and efficient problem solving.
- Strong knowledge of Body Panels and Closures manufacturing processes and supply chain
- CATIA V5 2D/3D skills preferred with strong GD&T application experience
- PC literate and at ease with MS Office products
- Experienced in OEM or tier one component, system or commodity delivery
- Component & system design within an APQP or similar framework including FMEA, component planning and PPAP
- Excellent feasibility assessment skills including design for manufacture and DFMEA input
- Demonstrable track record of on-time delivery in a high-pressure environment.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Engineering Manager - Body Panels and Closures candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team