Engineering Customer Service TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £28k - 31k per year
Location: Buckingham, Buckinghamshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 28 Sep 2021
Engineering Customer Service Technician required to join a well-established company based in Buckingham on a permanent basis, paying up to £31,000 per year dependant on experience.
Our client is a world leader within the automotive industry and is now seeking an Engineering Customer Service Technician to join their team.
Benefits include 25 days annual leave, non-contractual 5% bonus eligibility, Axa private healthcare and Healthshield cashback scheme.
You will be responsible for providing technical support and guidance to regional client teams, to a global distributor network and end users of specialist equipment via the Technical Help Desk.
ENGINEERING CUSTOMER SERVICE TECHNICIAN DUTIES:
- Fault find technical issues, remotely (telephone, email, live chat, skype, TeamViewer etc.) guiding technicians through complex diagnostics to a fast resolution.
- Investigate reported bugs and other customer issues, working closely with engineering and quality teams within the business to find and provide solutions
- To record all communications & after sales needs in a cloud-based ticketing system. Including Technical Enquiries, Warranty transactions, Shipping, Returns, Quotations, Repairs & Invoicing.
- The investigation and repair of equipment returned as and when required
- Regularly review open enquiries with customers/distributors & internal teams to ensure they are actively updated and progressed to meet response & closure targets.
- Produce and maintain technical content to be published in an online Technical Help Centre (documents, videos, etc.)
- Produce and distribute Customer Technical Bulletins.
- To assist with the testing, introduction & release of new products when required.
- To assist as required in conducting customer training.
- To support the out of hours on call rota.
- Occasional travel to customer sites may be required
THE IDEAL ENGINEERING CUSTOMER SERVICE TECHNICIAN CANDIDATE:
- A background in field service &/or technical help desk work dealing with external customers
- Comfortable using IT systems (e.g., video calls, email, CRM databases)
- A relevant engineering qualification or qualified by experience
- Ideally an understanding of pneumatic and/or hydraulic Engineering
- Reading, understanding & interpretation of technical assembly drawings
- The ability to fault find and visualise technical problems
- The ability to positively interact with customers at all levels of skill
- Can communicate effectively at all levels both internally and with customers.
Hours – 37.5 hours per week
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please apply today, or call Sarah on 01926 424154.