Engineering Agile Scrum MasterApply Now
Salary: £30.00 - 31.40 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 18 Jul 2022
Reference: 5381 - DB2
Engineering Agile Scrum Master
Contract length: 5+ years with potential for permanent position
Pay Rate: up to £31.40 Depending on Experience
We are seeking an enthusiastic Engineer to join our Automotive OEM client as an Agile Scrum Master. Preferably with understanding and/or experience of scrum / agile ways of working methodologies, however full training will be provided and college / university graduates with the right attitude will be considered. The succesful candidates will be focused on key concepts; working in cross functional self-organising team, coaching teams to enable delivery of incremental value in short feedback loops.
As a Scrum Master you will have responsibility to support the squad in preparation for the sprints and ensure any task that not completing on time have obstacles raised.
This role offers hybrid working, with 2 or 3 days working from home per week (flexible)
The role will likely be offered on a yearly rolling contract, however the projects to be worked on are expected to last at least 5 years and good candidates will have a chance of being offered a permanent position.
Whilst full training will be provided, here are some skills which would be useful to bring with you:
The ideal Engineering Agile Scrum Master:
- Understanding of agile principles, value and the key roles as well as an understanding of how agile differs from waterfall.
- Having knowledge of a Product Delivery system is beneficial.
- Use of Agile toolset is an advantage - Confluence, Jira & Lucid Spark are widely used within our squads to prepare plan and execute our engineering sprints within Vehicle programmes.
- Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience of working in an Agile Methology, Source control, either TFS or GIT, and some CI experience preferably Jenkins.
- An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- Capability of learning quickly and organising a Squad of 10 colleagues to deliver tasks within a sprint.
- Communication – Must be able to engage within the cross functional agile teams at all levels in the business.
- Good written IT skills and ability to facilitate administration of the Jira system.
- Must be able to work within the self-organising team as an empowered representative of the chapter.
- Comfortable to work within a lean hierarchy, operating at consistent work rate enabling the team to deliver.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Engineering Agile Scrum Master candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team