Energy and Environmental EngineerApply Now
Salary: £25 - 27 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 04 Jun 2021
Role: Energy and Environmental Engineer
Contract type: Ongoing contract
Salary: £25.00 - £27.00 per hour, DOE
Energy and Environmental Engineer required to join a forward-thinking Manufacturing Engineering department based in Solihull on an ongoing contract basis.
The role will assist carrying out various tasks associated to energy and environmental controls to meet the sites environmental regulatory compliance obligations, this role will also be a key driving force for helping the site meet its sustainability goals in line with business requirements.
Role and responsibilities of the Energy and Environmental Engineer:
- Coordinate aspects of the Site Services environmental operations ensuring the site and facilities meet the needs of the business,
- Support the delivery of efficient performance within the Environment framework,
- Work on delivering energy efficiency improvements through activities resulting in energy reduction or utilisation of LZC technologies,
- Input into the site and business carbon management plan,
- Energy data tracking and reporting – input in to plant environmental KPIs,
- Liaison with environmental and energy forums,
- Management of onsite LZC technologies such as the CHP and PV assets and liaison of the associated maintenance,
- Data analysis from BMS (building management system) & energy management systems,
- Collection and Concurrence of Carbon Compliance data (CCL, EUETS, CCA, SECR),
- CHPQA Data Collection and verification,
- Supporting ESOS compliance,
- Management of the sites Combustion permit & associated regulatory compliance obligations,
- Lead on metering and network improvement projects for the site,
- Support the site in its ISO14001 Certification audits and evidence,
- Support Development of site EnMS.
Skills & Experience required:
- Previous experience in Site Services / Estates management or Environmental Management,
- Technical background in Energy management / Estates Management,
- Knowledge of renewable/alternative heat and power applications for energy efficiency and carbon reduction,
- Experience of resolving key constraints and demonstrate improvements through root cause analysis,
- Experience of managing contracts,
- Previous experience in environmental / maintenance operations,
- Understanding of environmental systems (ISO14001) and associated metrics,
- Numerate educational background (Engineering or science HNC or higher),
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages – Especially Excel.
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred,
- Knowledge of other Management systems e.g., Safety & Quality
- An individual with a customer first mind-set who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent, and dependable,
- An individual who is results driven with the ability to deliver operational plans in a highly demanding environment.