Emissions EngineerApply Now
Salary: £25.00 - 27.50 per hour
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 13 Oct 2021
Contract length: Ongoing
Pay Rate: up to £27.50 D.O.E.
An emissions calibration / aftertreatment engineer is required to plan and deliver bench-aged aftertreatment systems to support calibration and certification activities. Bench-ageing is an accelerated ageing process currently conducted on an engine test bed to an approved process. There is an existing test bed set up in a facility for aftertreatment ageing, running an automated cycle.
Emissions Engineer Duties:
- Compiling ageing requests from calibration and certification teams (customers).
- Planning and prioritising requests and seeking escalation when conflicts are unable to be resolved.
- Calculating bench-ageing duration from supplied standard road cycle data.
- Managing logistics of aftertreatment systems between customers and test bed.
- Requesting instrumentation required for ageing process.
- Issuing work instructions to test bed.
- Monitoring test bed data and ensuring ageing is conducted correctly to process.
- Producing reports for each system and confirming ageing duration, temperature profiles and oxygen storage before issuing parts to customer.
Emissions Engineer Skills Required:
- Familiarity working with engine test beds, understanding of basic engine control parameters to deliver required exhaust mass flow rate, temperature, lambda, urea dosing.
- Understanding of basic aftertreatment function and ageing impacts (light-off, oxygen storage capacity, SCR regeneration).
- Ability to analyse and interpret engine / test bed data using INCA / MDA, Concerto, Matlab
- Qualification of a degree (or equivalent) in relevant engineering or science subject, or equivalent experience in engine / aftertreatment calibration or aftertreatment system development.
- Experience using engineering tools such as INCA / MDA, Concerto, Matlab.
Emissions Engineer Experience Preferred:
- Calibration experience desirable.
- Engine combustion fundamentals desirable.
- Detailed understanding of aftertreatment chemistry and calibration optimisation desirable.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Emissions Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team