Embedded Software Application EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Göteborg, Västra Götaland
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 25 Sep 2018
Reference: 4197 - Apex PE
For nearly a century our client has been one of the world's leading manufacturers of heavy commercial vehicles and diesel engines. This is a brand for people who care about the world we live in and the people around us. They are committed to re-thinking sustainability in all operations, in our vehicles and in society to protect what is important to you.
With over 81,000 employees and production in 25 countries, our client is exploring and developing further within the industry and are looking for talent to join in learning about their approach to safety, quality and the environment, which are the true foundations of the solutions they offer.
What you will be doing:
Our android-based service and entertainment system is enabling new features in the entertainment productivity and uptime field. The development within the connectivity area is fast, furious and fun!
· Develop and maintain our in-house developed SW (android apps such as the different branded launchers and the Dynafleet app)
· Be a part of a cross-functional android scrum team that develops on-board vehicle android apps, connectivity services apps and multimedia apps
· Deliver software fulfilling agreed QDCF targets
· Support the continuously development of the processes, methods and tools that are used by the team to continuously improve
· Ensure that the Entertainment and Connected Services SW solutions, products and projects area are developed and delivered in an optimal way
· Secure that the software is developed in line with applicable technology strategies according to stipulated processes, methods and tools
· Participate in relevant concept selections & investigations
· Supporting in building, growing, maturing and optimizing the SCRUM team
· Participate and contribute in retrospective meetings, sprint reviews, etc.
· Actively share knowledge sharing regarding architecture
· Support in developing processes, methods, tools and standards related to android W development at EACS & OBT
· Take an active role in moving OBT into an agile development organization
What we expect from you:
We are now looking for Android Software developers to our scrum teams that can be a part of driving and develop our Entertainment and Connected Services Software teams & products into the future
In this role you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience as an android software developer. It is important that you have an innovative and creative mind-set to inspire and challenge your organization. You also have a true can do attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team & products, understanding how these contribute to the our vision, strategy & roadmap.
We believe this is a position for a person that has the ability to work under demanding conditions and to create a successful working climate in these situations. As a person, you have a broad technical know-how combined with very good people skills and a strong belief in agile methods. You have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
· Master of Science in Computer Science, Electronics or equivalent
· Minimum 3 years of experience from android SW development
· Knowledge in Android app development and understanding of commonly used design patterns
· Highly valued is android front full stack development capabilities
· Have an open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset
· Have good communication skills
· Be business and customer oriented
· Have excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
· Experience from IT development is an asset
· Experience of agile methods, such as SCRUM, KANBAN & XP is meriting
· Experience of SW development in automotive (truck or car) industry is meriting
· Experience of SW development within the area of connected services is meriting
· Experience in Jenkins, GIT, Jira, Artifactory & Python is meriting
· Experience in Web communication (REST/JSON/web sockets...) is meriting
· Experience in Cyber security, PKI, SELinux/SEAndroid is meriting
· Experience in Android Testing Frameworks such as Espresso and Squish is meriting
· Experience of working in Test Driven and/or Behavior Driven Development is meriting