Electronic Technician - AutomotiveApply Now
Salary: £22.27 - 25.99 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 08 Feb 2019
Reference: 4120 - KA
An experienced Electronic Technician required to join a Global OEM in Gaydon on a pay rate of £22.27 per hour.
A world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles is seeking an Electronic Technician to join their Automotive Design Team. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is well known across the globe for continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Electronic Technician on an ongoing contract basis with long term, ongoing or permanent opportunities for the right candidate.
This job role requires a strong level of experience on electrical systems within a creation and development discipline, with a preference on the automotive industry. Any further knowledge on electronics, infotainment and microcontrollers is beneficial. You will need to have a willingness to learn new systems and skills.
The key duties and responsibilities of the Electronic Technician will include;
- Creation of electrical circuits and harness’
- Read and recognise electronic components, circuitry and electrical vehicle diagrams
- Design and creation of electrical solutions
- Soldering at an electronic component level (SMD Soldering desirable)
- Use of micro-controllers and their relevant programming
- Conduct modifications and repairs to existing vehicle networks and harness’
- Fault finding
- Keeping up to date with all new car systems
- Vehicle strip-downs
The ideal Electronic Technician will have;
- City and Guilds or NVQ Level 2 or above in a relevant discipline
- A full apprenticeship in a relevant discipline is desired
- Previous experience within a Design environment
- Ability to read and recognise electronic components, circuitry and electrical vehicle diagrams is essential
- Ability to solder at an electronic component level is essential
- Experienced in testing and developing electrical prototypes
- Willingness to learn new systems and skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Passionate on new and future technologies within electronics and automotive sectors
- Ability to work well within a team and also on their own initiative.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, well organised with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexibility in working hours as per business needs.
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 7.30am -4pm, Friday 7.30am-12.30pm
Days: £22.27 per hour
To discuss further please apply now with your CV!