Electrical TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £19k - 24k per year
Location: Wellesbourne, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 14 Jun 2021
Experienced Electrical Technician required for a world leading interactive games and software company in Wellesbourne on a permanent basis, benefitting from a salary of £19,000 - £24,000 per annum dependant on experience.
A leader in the global entertainment industry who publishes and distributes video games and amusement arcade products, is looking for an Electrical Technician to join them in their new workshop in Wellesbourne on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting and fast-moving role that will require you to be highly organised, comfortable multitasking and able to prioritise workloads.
ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use a digital multi-meter to measure voltages and check for continuity on wiring harnesses or tracks on circuit boards
- Understand what basic electronic components look like, and what they are used for
- Solder and de-solder, repairing circuit boards down to component level
- Be able to read schematic diagrams of machine wiring and circuit boards
- Have a ‘Hands On’ approach to be able to strip down various controllers and replace parts internal parts like wiring, solenoids and switches
- Have a basic understanding of the parts inside computers
- Be computer literate to intermediate standard on the MS Office programs (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Be able to deal with customers on the telephone and by email
- Be able to lift and carry computers in and out of racking
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Experienced working with electronics in a technical capacity is essential
- Previous experience within a similar role and environment would be advantageous
- Interest in the gaming industry with a passion for amusement arcade products is desirable
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Capable of managing and prioritising workload
- Working to deadlines (in some instances being flexible in working hours if / when required)
- Excellent attention to detail
We are interested to see the CVs of people who have experience within a Workshop Technician, Workshop Engineer, Computer repair or Electronics background.
ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN WORKING HOURS:
37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday