Electrical Systems EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 01 Aug 2018
- Design for Service Engineer - The successful applicant will develop and support activities within the Energy Storage Quality function.
- Any successful application will be able to develop, and report deliverables within a customer focused project team. The role involves interaction with the departments within Electrification, and other areas of the business such as Service, critical to the success of the job role. Duties will include; Capture requirements from the various customer technical interfaces. Formally document requirements and set success criteria / scope for delivery.
- Monitor communicate and control tasks within a team of engineering experts.
- Work closely with the engineering teams in all deliverables to ensure project management milestones for time/cost/quality are met, tracking delivery and addressing potential slippage, Understand and communicate where projects cross over or impact other teams / departments and manage accordingly.
- A sound technical knowledge of electric vehicle systems, with successful experience of technical analysis and problem resolution
- Understands quality and diagnostic activities with an ability to identify concerns and offer solutions to resolve
- Experience of the Service sector design requirements with the ability to articulate information into meaningful documentation
- An appropriate level of qualification in the Automotive industry, with sound experience of Powertrain, Electrical systems Successful experience of technical document definition and electrical / electronical systems knowledge applied to vehicle systems
- Knowledge of Automotive On-Board and Off-Board diagnostic techniques and terminology Complex understanding of Service environment requirements - automotive diagnosis and repair (service tooling knowledge)
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills - with an ability to apply inventive ways to steer issues toward resolution
- Self-motivated with the ability to deliver with minimum supervision Good level of IT literacy and the ability to analyse and present data using IT systems and Microsoft Tool skill sets
- Degree in an engineering specialism desirable, but not essential - other relevant motor industry experience considered
- Knowledge of typical BEV, MHEV and PHEV system solutions and technologies Previous experience creating and delivering concise technical reports
- Experience with Standards or Requirement definition
- Ability to use of data inputs to define specific requirements
- Previous experience to Outline Standards and realise new requirements within an engineering environment Development of automotive diagnostic strategies (i.e. ECU diagnostics)
- Working knowledge of the client programme & project delivery processes
- Experience of Warranty investigation, resolution and mitigation
- Experience of statistical problem-solving tools (i.e. Six Sigma)
- Travelling flexibility within the Midlands, UK Able to travel Worldwide Full UK driving license required