Electrical Systems Development EngineerApply Now
Salary: £29.50 - 31.70 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 20 Apr 2022
Electrical Systems Development Engineer
Contract length: Ongoing
Pay Rate: £31.70 D.O.E.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Electrical Systems Development Engineer to join our automotive OEM client and be responsible for the broad development of electrical systems across test facilities.
This will range from facility level industrial electrical installations all the way to specific system level development. The role will involve the reactive support of all Engineering Labs and their facilities, providing electrical knowledge and problem solving to support breakdowns and maintenance
Electrical Systems Development Engineer Skills Required:
- An advanced knowledge of Electrical Systems, Electronics or Controls Engineering field.
- Good knowledge of electrical drawings, compliance and safety systems and installation schematics
- Knowledge of power systems in general, hydraulics, pneumatics etc
- Educated to degree level with relevant qualifications in electrical systems
Electrical Systems Development Engineer Experience required:
- Experience of Rig/System commissioning, all infrastructure considerations, reporting of methods.
- Experience of facility development and planning, working with vendors to create specifications & quotes.
- Applied hands-on experience, reactive problem solving skills.
- Understanding of active system technology, Chassis Systems, Body Systems, HV-Electric Systems.
- Ability to design, interpret and implement complex test procedures methodically.
- Conversant in UK CA Accreditation, experience with CE marking, working with safety control systems and suppliers like PILZ.
- Ability to construct timing plans, schedule work tasks and manage team activities to completion.
- Knowledge of vehicle & test communications technology ¿ Flexray, CAN, LIN, Profinet, EtherCAT.
- Experience with Hazardous Voltage (HV) Systems & Batteries.
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical developments
- Budgeting and estimating timescales
- Overseeing of technicians
- Testing installations and systems
We’re looking to speak with suitable Electrical Systems Development Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team