Electrical/Controls Design EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 12 Mar 2019
Reference: 4298 - Apex SG
Apex Recruitment are currently recruiting for the position of Electrical / Controls Design Engineer for a global market leader in the manufacture of both external and internal thread grinding machines, based in Coventry.
Electrical / Controls Design Engineer (Machine Tool) – Permanent – Coventry
SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
HOURS: 39 hours per week: Monday – Thursday; 7.30am – 4pm & Friday; 7.30am - 3pm
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Electrical / Controls Design Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate should have good working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical packages (or similar) and experience with the design and definition of Control Systems.
In return for your experience and skillset our Client is offering a competitive salary in the region of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum alongside a generous 33-day holiday entitlement (inclusive of bank holidays) and the opportunity to benefit from pension and health care schemes.
The responsibilities of the Electrical / Controls Design Engineer:
- Definition and design of Control Systems.
- Specifying/Selecting suitable equipment for design.
- Creation of electrical schematics, single line diagrams, control panel design, machine wiring design, safety circuit design and testing.
- Creation of Bill of Materials.
- Modular Panel design and manufacture.
- Construction of Technical Manuals and other associated documentation for all aspects of the Control System.
- Liaise with departments to implement changes and upgrades.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers as and when required.
This position is ideal for a motivated and confident Electrical / Controls Design Engineer who can demonstrate the following:
- Electrical design experience.
- ePlan Electric P8, AutoCAD Electrical or similar.
- Design and implementation of automation systems.
- Variable Speed Drives/Inverter systems (Siemens Sinamics).
- Experience in machine tools design.
- Communication buses, Profibus, Profinet etc..
- Provide written technical reports and other documentation as required.
- Ability to accept ownership of projects from design to completion.
The following experience would be advantageous:
- PLC programming (Siemens S7-300 series (STL, Ladder) and S7-200 series.
- Knowledge of CNC Control Systems (Siemens 840).
- Knowledge of Siemens HMI Operate.
- Ability to commission and test control systems and software.
- Robotics experience.
For more information about this role please call Stephen @ Apex Recruitment on 01926 424 154 or email Stephen@Apex-recruitment.co.uk