EDS TechnicianApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 28 Jul 2022
Shift: Days – 40 hours per week
An EDS Technician required to assemble & fix wiring harness routing & packaging with help of W/H guides and concept CAD for packaging components to current and future client road cars.
This is a very important position and is responsible for wiring harness routing and packaging and executing the activities necessary to ensure validated release and sign-off of dedicated vehicle components and sub-systems including co-ordination to ensure appropriate cross functional representation and input from all relevant areas.
The duties and responsibilities of the EDS Technician:
- Expertise in the field of Electrical wiring harness design and development, data management, project management, co-ordination in automotive and\or passenger Vehicles
- Understanding in CAD platforms: Catia V5 (electrical workbench), Capital Logic & Capital Harness is also welcome. Exposure to CREO /UG NX or Zuken is added advantage
- Extensive assembly experience of Electrical routings & packaging, System Engineering and Engineering change management projects for Automotive.
- Update harness based on packaging relocation and informed to system integration engineering team.
- Develop effective routing paths with the help of retainers, channels, grommets.
- Selection of proper retention items (e.g., retention clips, cable ties, etc.) by referring 3D model & 2Drouting.
- Selection of harness coverings based on 3D model routing and packaging & surrounding geometry.
- Develop harness packaging issues list and drive resolution prior to validation builds.
- Refer 2D harness drawing under respective 3D model
- Experience of various change management processes like Engineering Change Requests etc.
The ideal experience for the EDS Technician:
- Prior Experience in Electrical wiring harness routing and packaging.
- Demonstrable experience of system release responsibility from concept to manufacture.
- Working knowledge of project delivery processes
To show your interest in the EDS Technician role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.