Durability ManagerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Tarragona, Catalonia
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 11 Mar 2022
Location: Idiada, Spain
Durability Manager required to join a well-established Automotive Manufacturer on a permanent basis in Idiada, Spain.
Our client is an automotive supercar and hyper-car brand, with a global reputation for producing high performance vehicles. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none.
Lead and coordinate activities related to the delivery of the durability attribute across vehicle programmes.
Reporting to the Test Engineering Senior Manager, the Durability Manager will be based at the testing facility, within the Idiada proving ground in Spain, and should expect to travel occasionally overseas, principally to support appropriate reviews at the Technology Centre in the UK.
Durability Manager Duties:
- Be responsible for developing and managing a team structure to deliver the durability attribute through the following tasks:
- Integrate with the analysis team to handshake the durability targets to be delivered as agreed by the Chief Engineer
- Input to the definition of durability requirements, at vehicle, system and component level:
- Review warranty and durability issues from prior programmes to ensure potential escapes are protected
- Review and agree SRDC profile with analysis team for vehicle content to ensure fatigue targets are appropriate in definition and measure for content
- Review function group foundation DFMEA and DVPs to ensure appropriate detection events protect for required noise factors and are on track to deliver required integrity level for vehicle-based test.
- Ensure durability issues are tracked, robustly contained and counter measured
- Manage team resource requirement for programme cycle plan
- Manage durability budget for required programme deliverables
- Collaboratively deliver Road Load Data for vehicle cycle plan with analysis team
- Input to drive files /duty cycles for powertrain dyno testing & component/system rig testing, in correlation with the real in-vehicle working conditions and the vehicle fatigue targets (safety factors).
- Collaborative definition and monitoring of the Integrated Durability Validation Plan (Rig tests, vehicle tests, simulations, etc.) across the vehicle projects.
- Collaborative definition of methodology and release of standards related to durability and reliability with analysis team
- Reporting of the status of the durability attribute and appropriate metrics
- Lead the project durability sign-off process across the projects
- Define and manage the Vehicle Testing Plan (Budget, spending, timing, resources, facility requirements, significance of the tested components etc.)
Durability Manager Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in automotive product development and durability.
- An experienced automotive leader of direct and indirect teams
- Proven ability in delivery project management through
- Experience of high volume and niche vehicle (low volume) programmes
- PC literate and at ease with MS Office products
- Knowledge of Dynamics, Aero, heat management, NVH and CAE Simulation and Analysis tools and processes
- Good knowledge about vehicle proving grounds and facilities in Europe
- Sound commercial and financial awareness.
Durability Manager Personal Attributes
- An energetic, driven and goal-based leader with a passion for delivering challenging projects to exact and compact timescales with a significant amount of innovation and customer focus
- An excellent communicator with the ability to lead and motivate teams and work cross functionally
- Passionate about engineering and design in high performance automotive environments
- A confident, engaging communicator able to influence and lead high level meetings
- A natural mentor and coach who values personal relationships across the whole business
- Well organised and delivery focused
- Capable of representing a world class automotive brand
We’re looking to speak with suitable Durability Manager candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team