Divisional Programme ManagerApply Now
Salary: £55k per year
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 13 Sep 2018
Reference: 4163 - Apex TL
About the company:
Our client is a leading software company with a variety of clients, specialising in the automotive sector. They are undergoing huge expansion plans and are offering an excellent opportunity for an experienced Agile Programme Manager to support their growth.
Our client is looking for an outgoing and confident individual with commercial experience who can demonstrate the management and delivery of multiple projects simultaneously using the Agile methodologies whilst balancing the requirements of the individuals and projects under their control. The individual should have the intent of improving company performance, helping with the career growth of other team members and ensuring each project has a quality and consistent outcome from initiation to closure to the satisfaction of their clients.
Our client works in a vastly technical environment so knowledge of IT infrastructure and terminology, development standards and industry practices are key to this role. You will be able to show the acumen to drive business critical projects through to a successful conclusion via an iterative delivery process. You will have the ability to work cross-functionally with all members of the Agile teams you are responsible for, identifying and mitigating potential risks and blockers whilst communicating through daily stand-ups/scrums and using Agile tools such as Rally. You will also be required to monitor budgets and finances and report these to customers and senior management.
It will be key to maintain and build strong stakeholder relationships while preserving the interests of the company. The idyllic candidate will have the ability to motivate, coach and continuously drive improvement within internal teams.
This role would also involve weekly travel to either Coventry or Basildon.
What you will be doing:
- Effectively manage, develop and communicate with several Agile teams
- Ensure the delivery of quality software products and services to our customers within
an iterative framework
- Mentor, motivate and assist with the development of all team members
- Work closely with our customers ensuring their concerns and priorities are met through
the determination and maintenance of relevant metrics, tracking performance of Agile teams
- Ensure Agile ceremonies are established and adhered to, assist with sprint/iteration planning, demos and retrospectives
- Educate and encourage teams to work within the Agile framework for successful delivery of projects
- Take ownership and strive to deliver a variety of critical business projects for our
customers based in UK, Europe and U.S.
What we expect from you:
- Experienced Scrum Master
- Experienced Programme Manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to review existing processes and implement new processes when and where
required, thereby improving productivity and quality
- Experience of a full SDLC
- Understanding of IT infrastructure, development methodologies/terminology
- Exceptional understanding of critical paths and how to communicate and apply these
- Excellent negotiation skills; applying these to both staff and customers alike
- Positive energy and strong drive to succeed
- Able to work well under pressure, stick to deadlines and meet KPI's
- Proactiveness; look for ways to prevent issues before they happen
- A desire to succeed with an outlook to become involved with more complex and difficult
- A full U.K. driving license is essential