Dimensional Lead EngineerApply Now
Salary: £27.00 - 29.14 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 20 Aug 2021
Dimensional Lead Engineer
Pay rate: Up to £29.14 per hour
Contract: 6 months
Working for one of the world’s best-known automotive manufacturers as a Dimensional Lead Engineer, the successful candidate will be performing the following duties:
- Representing Dimensional Control and Building integrity as Vehicle Line Specialist at the home base.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the buy off, creation support and application of the Dimensional Management system program model lines.
- Support/lead the benchmarking of alternative launch practices within the Automotive industry to establish and implement best practices.
- Ensure key dimensional KPI metrics are delivered (e.g., PIST, PPK)
- Co-ordinate and monitor the build quality performance, monitoring the launch sites to recognise and address capability issues and address them.
- Liaise with the Advanced Manufacturing Engineers, Current Manufacturing Engineers, Product Development, Stamping Engineering engineers, managers, and Area managers of launch sites to prepare and accomplish the hand-over of dimensional quality activities within Job1 +90 days.
- Coordinate and monitor the compliance with corporate initiatives like International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) 14001 TS 16949 etc within the team
Key responsibilities of the Dimensional Lead Engineer will also include:
- Lead and drive the build quality performance.
- Monitoring the quality metrics to recognise and address dimensional errors and capability issues.
- Monitoring incoming parts quality and steering quality loops as per build issues priority.
- Problem solving customer dimensional issues.
The Ideal Dimensional Lead Engineer will need:
- A clear understanding of part, assembly and system interaction including tolerances, variability, and methods of location and measurement.
- Be able to interpret dimensional and statistical data and translate this into technical reports.
- Experience of leading a team of Dimensional Engineers,
- Able to collate data and report this to senior management on quality, performance, and project deliverables.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Dimensional Lead Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team