Development EngineerApply Now
Salary: £35k per year
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 13 Nov 2020
Development Engineer required on a full time, Permanent basis in Leamington Spa, benefitting from a salary of £35,000 per annum (flexible depending on experience).
Our client, a large, well-established manufacturing company that specialises in the production and delivery of cooking appliances, interior furnishings and accessories.
They are currently seeking a Development Engineer to join their team on a Permanent basis in Leamington Spa, offering a salary of £35,000 per annum.
Reporting to the Process Leader, this role focuses on achieving increased market share and return through cost effective and timely development of innovative new products which comply with National and International Standards.
DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing a broad range of gas, electrical or combined fuel domestic appliances
- Setting up and monitoring tests, preparing models for submission to the appropriate test authority
- Develop in conjunction with the project team, the gas and electrical sub systems used within the appliance
- Interpret marketing briefs into a tangible product that can be manufactured within the business capabilities
- Develop new products in line with best practice and a number of National / International Standards, including BSEN9001 and BSEN14001
We are interested to see the CVs of people who have experience with the following skills and attributes:
- Qualified to a minimum of HND/HNC in a suitable engineering discipline, this can be electrical or mechanical
- Have a good appreciation of both electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively on their own or part of a project team
- Possess good analytical skills and be proficient in Microsoft applications, Word, Excel
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise their workload and meet deadlines
- Hold skills in gas/ fuel technology
- Have the ability to understand electrical circuit diagrams and formulate new diagrams when required