Design for Service Project LeaderApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 05 Jun 2018
Our client is the ultimate destination for anyone wanting a career in the automotive industry, or simply for anyone wishing to work for a progressive and globally regarded organisation with a rich and enviable heritage, renowned engineering excellence and innovative design.
An opportunity has arisen for an Engineer to work within the Service Attribute team focusing on design for service projects and future project planning.
As a Service attribute leader, you’ll be responsible for delivery of a vehicle from project kick off to vehicle launch. This includes:
- Management and delivery of design for service for a number of vehicles from conception through to launch.
- Management of service strategies and implementation of service standards.
- Liaising with technical specialists across the entire company to resolve problems and gain information.
- Maintenance of program status and cascading of requirements through project database.
- Panel Chart creation and maintenance of key ownership costs.
- Communicating and presenting project milestones and status to senior managers within Service, program teams and the wider business.
- Planning and coordinating service assessments with a dedicated resource to supervise.
- Self-motivated confident team player.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Thrives in a fast moving and constantly changing environment.
- Understanding of product development process.
- Must excel at confident and pro-active cross-functional working at all levels.
- Must be able to negotiate and influence to drive positive outcomes with a focus on design for service and customer first.
- Whole vehicle knowledge.
- Understanding of CAD packages.
- Experience of working with / around vehicles
- Preparation of costs, budgets and timings.
- Previous Project planning/Management experience
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of reporting out at all business levels
- Experience within an automotive OEM environment
- Experience of Data Analysis
- Degree preferred, but significant relevant experience would be considered.