Design and Analysis EngineerApply Now
Salary: £29.70 - 31.70 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 20 Apr 2022
Design and Analysis Engineer
Contract length: Ongoing
Pay Rate: £31.70 D.O.E.
This position is for a Design and Analysis Engineer to join our automotive OEM client’s Engineering Laboratories, which forms the backbone of their internal vehicle test and development capability, and is responsible for a wide and diverse range of activities including Structural Test, Body Rig Test, Road Load Data, Analytical Facilities, NVH, Climatic Test, Electrical Test and Safety Test.
The Technology Development Department are responsible for the design and delivery of facility components, test rigs and the infrastructure required in support of the core EL areas delivering physical test plans. The area is also responsible for the development and delivery of key new facilities, technology, infrastructure and strategy for EL, leading projects from concept through to delivery. The role will see the associate lead the design and delivery of test rigs and fixtures in support of the core cycle plan across all the Engineering Labs test areas.
Key interactions will include: Test Customers and Test Engineers. Fellow Design and Analysis Engineers. Test Facility management. Workshop/Machine shop Group Leaders and fitting staff. External machine shops
Design and Analysis Engineer Skills Required:
- Competent user of JLR CAD toolset using 3D modelling and the ability to create and interpret 2D complex detailed designs in order to prepare parts for manufacture.
- Experience of working as a mechanical engineer within a test environment.
- Ability to manage priorities, identify issues and solutions using own initiative, coupled with a desire to make a difference and achieve results.
Design and Analysis Engineer Experience Required:
- Knowledge of vehicle packaging.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies relating to the testing of road vehicles.
- Good project management skills with a proven record ability with projects from concept through to delivery.
- Ability to resolve technical and process issues promptly.
- An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to present complex information to all levels within the business.
- Degree qualified or working towards a degree in a relevant discipline preferred.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Design and Analysis Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team