Design Integration Lead EngineerApply Now
Salary: £30.00 - 32.40 per hour
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 22 Sep 2021
Design Integration Lead Engineer
Contract length: Ongoing
Pay Rate: £32.43 D.O.E.
We are seeking an experienced Design Integration Lead Engineer & Project Control candidate to join our client within Manufacturing Engineering who will be responsible for delivering Project and / or Programme Commissions, at a scale of a Cell Design or Line Design.
The successful candidate will lead the supply of the Design Integration, working closely with Tool Mechanical, Electrical and Controls Design, Simulation, Discrete Event Simulation and Layout. The work could support Projects in all of our Technology Areas; Body In White, Trim & Final, Paint, and Engines / Batteries / Drives.
Design Integration Lead Engineer Skills Required:
- To Lead multiple Design Projects and the associated Design Teams
- To Lead Improvements into our Standards, Processes and Methods of working
- To Create and Update into our Standards, Processes and Methods of working
- Ability to complete Compatibility Assessments / Impact Assessments
- Working knowledge of Assembly and Part Locator Strategy Requirements
- Experience within one or more of the Design and Integration delivery areas (Design, Simulation, Layouts, Installation, Commissioning).
- Ability to generate and resolve Design Snags and Issues.
- Buy Offs and Handover. To manage buy-off and hand-over of designs with Customers and Manufacturers
- Cost & feasibility studies in support of engineering change proposals
- Ability to assess both internal and external designs with respect to total lifetime Value For Money Assessment (for Design, Industrialisation and Production).
Design Integration Lead Engineer Experience Preferred:
- Tool Design Experience
- Pneumatic Controls Experience
- Electrical Controls Experience
- Experience of working on JLR Projects
- Experience of Design Risk Assessment
- CE Marking process
- VISTAG compliance.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Design Integration Lead Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team