Design EngineerApply Now
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 19 Jun 2019
Reference: 4369 - KA
Design Engineers required on a permanent basis in Leamington Spa, benefitting from an excellent salary. With 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays as well as free on-site parking and a company rewards programme.
As a well-loved household name, this company specialise in the production and delivery of cooking appliances, interior furnishings and accessories on a global platform. Priding themselves on their commitment to manufacturing here within the UK, our client has become synonymous with authenticity, quality and style.
As the Design Engineer, you will be required to manage, create and implement practical and cost-effective designs.
DESIGN ENGINEER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and motivate a multi-disciplined project team
- Deliver safe, reliable and cost-effective products and features
- Managing, planning, costing and controlling a budget associated with a new or modified product or feature
- Be a crucial part of the business design function
- Suggest new and improved systems and business practices
- Be a design lead and point of reference within the Product Development team
- Designing, analysing, interpreting and implementing solutions for new products
- Ensure resolution of any warranty or value analysis proposal
- Have a clear understanding and adherence to business processes and an awareness of ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO18001
- Undertake or delegate product designs as necessary to ensure timely release designs, engineering drawings, CAD files, specifications, etc, as appropriate
We are interested to see the CVs of people who have experience within a CAD Design or CAD Engineer role. You will need to be a ‘hands on’ Designer, fully conversant with Solidworks and an associated PMD system.
The ideal candidate for this role will have an HNC in an Engineering Discipline as well as 5 years design related experience. This Design Engineer role will involve being fully acquainted with Product Development systems, materials and specifications.
You will be liaising with other departments on a regular basis so will need to have good communication skills both written and verbal.
BENEFITS ON OFFER:
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Company rewards programme is available to all employees
- Free car parking
- Subsidised canteen available
- Generous pension contribution