Design EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 24 Sep 2018
Reference: 4186 - Apex SG
Apex Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer for a specialist automotive manufacturer based in Daventry. Our client currently works with some of the biggest names in the Automotive industry, specialising in Powertrain components and exhaust systems.
Role: Design Engineer
Contract type: Permanent
Package: Pension, Death in Service, Eyecare Vouchers, Childcare Vouchers, Annual Bonus, Annual Health Checks, 25 days Holiday + statutory and Training & Development opportunities.
Hours of work: 8am-4pm; Monday to Friday
This role has been created to allow the company to grow their current design department in order to ensure they continue to meet their client's requirements and maintain they're levels of service. This Design Engineer role would be ideal for someone who wants to work with some of the biggest names in the Automotive industry.
· Use of Catia V5 (surface, solid and 2D) to design exhaust systems and other automotive parts.
· Creation of CAD data and drawings for customer approval.
· Design of Tools, Jigs and Fixtures for both Prototype and Production use.
· Understanding of tolerance analysis (Form, fit and function) and Design for Manufacture.
· The correct application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (GD&T).
· Communicating with customers (both internal and external) to fully understand specific requirements.
· Supporting the Design Manager in achieving timing / targets for development and product release.
· Ability to present design proposals to management at gateway meetings / Design Reviews.
· Ability to prepare and maintain Bills of Materials (BOM's).
· Creation and maintaining of DFMEA documentation.
· Thorough understanding of Catia V5, Engineering drawings and tolerances
· Ability to work diligently and with minimal supervision
· Must be a team player
· Ability to work on multiple projects as and when required
· Must have excellent communication and inter-personal skills - both verbal and written
· Proven problem solver with awareness of six-sigma methodologies including 8D, Ishikawa and Poke Yoke
General & Special Knowledge
· Knowledge of TS16949 / IATF 16949 an advantage
· Knowledge of ISO14001 EMS an advantage
For more information about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01926 424 154. If this sounds like your ideal role, please click apply now!
Remember! We have an attractive referral scheme for all successful referrals.