Design Engineer - PowertrainApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 01 Jun 2022
Design Engineer - Powertrain Concept and Integration
Contract length: 6 months
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join our Automotive OEM Client in Woking on a contract due to last until at least December 2022 but has the possibility of being extended.
Design Engineer - Powertrain Duties:
- Responsible for powertrain component packaging on vehicle, detailed design, integration & release maturity of the Powertrain systems; from concept to production ensuring the design supports system technical specifications.
- Interfacing with other engineering Teams, taking responsibility for integration of powertrain component designs with Powertrain Systems and Vehicle system
- Working within as part of a highly dynamic and flexible team alongside Engineers and technical experts, responsible for designing to high quality standard and taking ownership of design and delivery of components and subsystems
Design Engineer - Powertrain experience required
- Experience in Mechanical Powertrain component design, packaging & release.
- Excellent CATIA V5 proficiency with min 3+ years using CATIA for component design and integration
- 2D/3D skills with GD&T application experience.
- Knowledge of materials & manufacturing processes employed in Cooling & HVAC systems and components preferable
- Cooling & HVAC system knowledge a bonus.
- PC literate and at ease with MS Office products.
- Experienced in OEM or tier one component & System design preferred.
- Knowledge of Project management processes within SAP system a plus
- If no direct experience within powertrain but has experience in vehicle design and integration within other vehicles systems (e.g., suspensions, brakes, body etc) then candidate can also be considered.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Design Engineer - Powertrain as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team