Damper and Sensor Design EngineerApply Now
Salary: £22.50 - 24.30 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 16 Jun 2022
Damper & Sensor Design Engineer
Contract length: Ongoing
Pay Rate: up to £24.30 D.O.E
The successful candidate will have responsibility for design and engineering delivery to production of Damper / Sensor Components for Jaguar and Land Rover Suspension Systems.
Damper & Sensor Design Engineer Duties:
- Develop/design components through close working relationships with interfacing teams (e.g., BIW, Chassis, Powertrain, Electrical, Manufacturing, Service).
- Manage Damper / Sensor suppliers to deliver required designs for prototype builds and production.
- Apply Failure Mode Avoidance techniques (FMEA).
- Manage Design Verification Plan for testing conducted at the supplier and at JLR and record using the JLR requirement management system (RMDV).
- Release and manage engineering designs using JLR systems (e.g., WERS, AIMS).
Damper & Sensor Design Engineer Experience Required:
- Demonstrated competence at delivering technical solutions.
- Effective planning and delivery to quality, cost and timing targets
- Demonstrable understanding of chassis suspension components.
Damper & Sensor Design Engineer Experience Preferred:
- Understanding of Engineering Quality principals, primarily DFMEA Experience in developing, reviewing, validating component designs
- Project supplier management experience
- BOM releasing experience
- Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an engineering role
We’re looking to speak with suitable Damper & Sensor Design Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team